Thursday, September 22, 2011

Alexis's Wedding!!!


Breakfast at Tiffany's...well, at Grandma's!!!

This summer my oldest niece, Alexis, got married! I still can't really believe it! When I found-out I instantly decided that we to be there and that I had to atleast help throw a shower for her. Lorrie and I had a blast getting ready for the shower and we had so much fun with family and friends!

Since the theme was, "Breakfast at Tiffany's" of course we had to dress-up! The little girls were adorable! This is Miaja with her cousins Megan and Adrianna.

Alexis and her mom Shauna
Here's the guest of honor and bride, Alexis. I remember having sleepovers with her almost every night as a young teeenager. I'd pretend that she was my little sister since I didn't have one. We grew to be quite the buds. She always has a very special place in my heart.
Grandma holding her youngest grandchild, Olivia...Mike & Erin's fourth.

Alexis at the reception...the little girls followed her everywhere!!
My nephew Kyle saving Thomas from trying to jump over the edge! Kyle is getting so grown-up too. He's even taller than me!
The girls eating at the shower...we had french toast with fruit and Tiffany blue sparkling water! So fancy!!!
My mom, niece Sarah and Alexis diggin' in! (Sarah is my brother Keith's oldest and she has grown to be such a beautiful young lady!

The shower turned out so nice! Lorrie went above on beyond to make things look to beautiful...she brought all of these crystals and serving trays! Lorrie is always fun doing just about ANYTHING with!

LOVE this picture of grandpa and Thomas. All of my boys have adored grandpa. See do I.
My parents...cannot believe that they have a grand daughter that is married!


Teresa, Ayden and Chase "helping" serve the cheesecake...I'm sure my boys had atleast five or six slices a piece!

Frank and Alexis...I met Frank for the first time this very night and I must say he's a great guy. I think everyone was teary during this dance.


...but this dance was where I really lost it. When my brother brought my niece out onto the dance floor my heart was so full watching them. I cannot imagine what it would feel like, (nor do I want to), to look into the eyes of your child and realize that they are grown-up and now starting their own family. No more going down to their room to talk, no more getting after them for coming in late. Jason and Shauna are both such amazing parents and I look up to them so much. They did a great job with Alexis.
(Wish I had pictures at the temple but I don't...Frank and Alexis were married in the
Bountiful Temple.)

No comments: