Wednesday, September 14, 2011

What a Great Weekend!


GO COUGARS!!!

We had such a GREAT weekend here at our house! Actually, we had a three day weekend! Thursday my brother Keith came from Utah to visit for a couple of days and my kids were SOOOOO excited! Keith was great with all of the attention. From reading stories to the kids at bedtime to playing crack-the-egg on the trampoline the kids thought that Uncle Keith was the best!!!
Friday we headed to the fabulous San Antonio Zoo and enjoyed one of the kids favorite spots before the sun came-out too much and we all melted away!
After the zoo my brother and I got to have a little brother/sister time which I always love. I have always felt like the luckiest girl around. I have the greatest siblings and I look-up to each of them so very much. Getting to sit back and just visit with Keith was priceless. He is such a good brother and person.
That night we all headed downtown and took the "luxurious" river tour seeing the beautiful sights of San Antonio via boat! It was actually really fun and of course the kids loved it! Then we took Keith to our favorite Mexican restaurant in San Antonio...Mi Tierra! This place is so fantastic! Full of color and lights and live music...it's a true fiesta every time we go!
If you know my family......at all you know what Saturday was all about...BYU football! The kids woke to the ceremonial hanging of our BYU flag, (of course our neighbors, who happen to be Utes fans hung theirs at the same time)!
Jaron & I, Keith and our good friends Julie & Micah Bahr all headed to Austin fully decked-out in our "BYU blue"!
The game was amazing. The UT stadium was so impressive and we were SUPER close so it was great! Both Jaron and I nearly lost our voices! The UT fans were really great to watch a game with so it was a success, (well...for me who isn't as concerned as to whether or not BYU actually won or not...I hate that someone has to lose:))
All-in-all, we had such a great time! The entire weekend was just so fun and I can't say enough how grateful I was for my brothers visit. I am so grateful for family. As we all get older and see each other less I think that I appreciate even more my amazing family!
I haven't downloaded even half of my pictures but here's a few from the game.



The Hanging of our flag...I wonder sometimes if Thomas EVER wears clothing!


Jaron worked for literally three-four HOURS on this sign! He's too funny! I gotta give it to him, we got LOTs of comments PLUS the BYU team gave us the thumbs-up when they left the field at half-time!


Micah, Julie, myself and my brother Keith...couldn't have asked for better company (and Jaron of course, he was taking the picture)! Like Julie and I matching hats...BYU twinners and we both went to UVSC but I did grow-up loving going to the games:)

There he is...the artist! I love going to the games with Jaron...he still has to explain the rules to me and he doesn't even seem to mind!



No comments: