Thursday, November 10, 2011

Coombs Family ER

Thomas, Thomas, Thomas

Well...I was really thinking that Thomas was indestructible:) The other day I had gone to institute and Jaron was spending some time with the boys. After institute I always go to the school and help in Miaja and Chase's classes for an hour. Well, as I walked into the school Jaron gave me a call and said Thomas needs to talk to you. As soon as Thomas got on the phone my heart was broken to hear his endless sobs. I couldn't understand a word but Thomas really doesn't fuss a lot so I knew something was wrong. I finally got Jaron on the phone and he told me that he had given Thomas 7 stitches on his toe! I said when...he responded..."just now". I asked him why he hadn't called me and he said, "I wanted you to enjoy your morning". Well, I turned around and went home to find my adorable Tommy with a little make shift cast. It broke my heart to see him so sad.
Well, the saddness didn't last long. Thomas, very common to his nature, turned everything into a positive. He learned to use his make-shift cast to slide very smoothly across the floor. He also found a way to jump-off the table without hurting his foot...on one foot (crazy, I know. I did try to stop him:))
Through all of this two things have been reaffirmed to me. 1) we love that our daddy is a doctor and 2) Thomas really is "indestructible":) The stitches were really a way for him to get his cool cast and now have a great way to cruise across smooth surfaces and strengthen his calf muscles because now a hops EVERYWHERE!
I love Thomas. He reminds me each day to enjoy everything...even the bumps and bruises. What other choice do we have.

Jaron created quite the "sterile field". I can't believe he did all of this on his own. Ayden was his helper.
This was Thomas cut. All he did was drop a chair on his toe. Jaron had to do the stitches through Thomas nail. Yuck.


Here he is just a couple of hours after. Mr. Positive. We love him for it too!

No comments: